Exuberance is Beauty: an introduction.



I assumed that my first post should be a form of introduction to the blog itself, identifying the concept of the blog and my intentions for writing. I begin in the hope that my blog will encapsulate my life, representing all the things I hold dear and that I believe work collaboratively to form everything that I am. Having an eye for beauty, in whatever shape or form that may assume, my posts will endeavour to share everything that I believe has some form of beautiful significance in my life. From literal beauty to subjective beauty, I will be utilising my blog as a medium through which to discuss them all. Being an English Literature and Politics graduate there are many books and pieces of literature that I find beauty in, and will intend to use this as a platform for a kind of literature-lifestyle blog, delving into my favourite reads or the different aspects of my favourite authors. Also being a keen traveller who cannot resist the urges of my wanderlust, I will share my global experiences, from obscure yet mystical restaurants hidden in the streets of Paris to my life in Chicago, the city that Mark Twain claims is 'hopeless for the occasional visitor to keep up with'. Asides from literature and travel, being a makeup artist and passionate about the aesthetics of femininity, another segment of my blog will focus on literal beauty and the Vogue-esque exploration of differentiating products available on the beauty market and exploring notions of feminine beauty. To coin it all together then, to quote Francis Bacon, 'the best part of beauty is that which no picture can express'. Instead of attempting to define the elusive nature of beauty, describe it, or even attempt to paint the picture of what I envisage as the beautiful, it will be exemplified as a feeling, or maybe even way of life; in terms of makeup, seeing past the product and actually exploring the feelings of liberation such associated to cosmetics, similarly to how beautiful words or beautiful locations should not be captured as a mere image but rather represented by how they evoke a feeling.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humanity.